June 27, 2013

Going public is a risk for ~Mine

I am sorry to announce that I have made a mistake with saying that I would go public. I just really can't take the risk. The plugin I found for AntiDDos doesn't work (based on many negative reviews I read) and I can't afford software to protect against DDoS attacks. It' sjust too much of a risk for me to host MineCore as a public server on my home computer. It's sad that it has to end this way (unless the forums become more active with the Imagine Nation members). I just can't host MineCore with no one on. It uses up my internet speed so for hosting a good server I have to pay a price of some occasional internet lag and multiplayer lag on other servers. Once in a while it can make my computer slow. I am not willing to pay this price if no one ever comes on the server and I'm certainly not willing to go public because if I get DDoS attacked, my parents will kill me literally (not literally but you know what I mean :P). I have the server files if there is (hopefully) someone who would host MineCore. The requirements are a good computer (Intel i7 processor or AMD equivalent), 4GB dedicated RAM to the server, and a decent hard drive (preferably SSD but regular hard drives are OK if it's decent since SSDs are ridiculously expensive). I don't think anything will happen here on unless I can earn the money to pay for a host. I'm hoping to be able to get about $10 a month soon if I can to pay for a server with 1GB RAM on MCProHosting. It may happen or it may not. The fate depends, not on me, but on the number of players and the money I can earn to pay for hosting MineCore........